Intellectual Disability

How Do I Get Started?

Call your local Family Outreach office to initiate services.

The Family Support Coordinator will schedule an appointment with you to provide the basic information you need to get started.  The Family Support Coordinator will answer your questions about services available in your area and the State of Montana.
The Family Support Coordinator will request information and documents required for eligibility determination.
Please note that there are wait lists for many services for people with intellectual disabilities in Montana.  It is important that you contact us as early as possible so that we can begin the process.


What Documents Do I Need To Assist With Eligibility Determination?

  • A current adaptive behavior assessment
  • A current psychological evaluation
  • Current copy of IEP from School District
  • Current copy of Eligibility from School District
  • Current evaluations from other professionals